Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Free Publishing Tool - QumanaLE

QumanaLE, released today, is a free blog publishing application that offers bloggers choice and control when writing for the Web - creating posts and inserting Technorati tags into individual items.

QumanaLE helps writers quickly capture, organize and edit chunks of content. Users drag-and-drop pieces of text, links, pictures or images. Then, with one click you can add Technorati tags.

Edit and publish the blog post - to as many blogs as you wish ... or save it as a draft to work on later. Turn your content into a draft Word document by saving it as HTML or RTF and opening the file in Word or QumanaLE later.

Download the program and try it yourself for FREE!

Update 15th June 2005 - I have started using this software and here are some problems I am facing:
(a) The editor has no status bar. When I type in an article and click on 'Post', then I don't know what's happening until I get a message after some time, saying that it has posted the article.

(b) The editor does not create a heading/title to my post. Am I missing something here?

(c) I can save my article as a html file. However, I want the generated code to follow W3C standards, which it is not. Can they conform to W3C?

17th June 2005 -
(a) How do I use hidden Technorati tags in my post?

(b) When I drag a photo into the drop pad and I open the editor it comes up to the left; how do I float the image to the right, for instance?

(c) How do I blockquote with a quote image, in my post?
Technorati Tags: ,
Blogs linking to this article

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great program, and I'd love to be able to use it, but it requires using pre-written blogging back-ends. As I am writing my own, I would have to implement either the blogger APO, MT backend/API, or metaweblog API into it via PHP, and I haven't a clue where to begin figuring out how to do that. I'm at a complete loss. drat.

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tris, thanks for the ping. Pinged you in return, waiting anxiously for reply, but an hacking my way around the wordpress code to see if I can't gain inspiration for me own (WP and MT have become sources of code inspiration for me).

4:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jon for your feedback.
(a) I meant hidden tags that I use in my post. Not the visible ones, which I could use in this product. For example, I have this in my post and the tag is not visible -
(b) I will give a try to your suggestion of how to move an image and I hope that I should be able to wrap text around the image as I did in this post of mine - http://personalwebsiteblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/box-with-j2se-50.html
(c) Will be looking forward to the style sheet capability.
Thanks once again.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Mayuresh Kadu said...

Personally, i always use w.bloggar. I've tried all others and this one takes the prize.

However, of late, i have found posting by gmailing in my blog entries to be most convenient. Especially when blogging from within corporate firewall :)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home